Do I need to use any special products on my Lash Extensions?
There are no products that are required to be applied to the lashes. You will need a lash cleanser to keep the eye area clean. Optionally, consumers can use a protective coating which acts as a sealer on the adhesive, creating an even stronger bond to the natural lash. It can be applied one to two times per week on the lashes to enhance the strength of lash extensions.
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are semi-permanent eyelash extensions comprised of individual synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. Lash extensions are thicker at the base and taper to a fine point. They are applied to individual eyelashes, one extension at a time, for a natural, elegant look to lengthen and add fullness to the existing lashes. Eyelash Extensions are for professional application only. Self-application and application by untrained individuals is strongly discouraged.
What are Eyelash Extensions made out of?
Eyelash Extensions are crafted from synthetic polyester. Synthetic lashes respond better to wear and tear than other materials. In addition, synthetics have the least possible chance of allergic reactions with human skin.
What are the benefits of wearing Eyelash Extensions?
Most women choose Eyelash Extensions to lengthen their natural lashes while others want their lashes to look fuller. A number of women with naturally light colored lashes choose Eyelash Extensions to darken their existing lashes. Still others love the different, fun looks they can achieve with highlighting and layering.
Eyelash Extensions can create a younger appearance on many clients. Eyelash Extensions create the appearance of a brighter, more open and rested eye, thereby creating a more youthful and rejuvenated look.
Above all, the main advantage of Eyelash Extensions is how much time you can save during your beauty regimen. Eyelash Extensions allow you to spend less time with makeup; mascara is certainly no longer necessary. Eyelash Extensions will give you the appearance of having put significant effort into your eye makeup when, in reality, you spent no time at all. No application of eye makeup and no need for removal at the end of the day. The added benefit is that they look beautiful morning and night, all day, every day. You can look and feel gorgeous from the moment you wake up until the moment you fall asleep with little to no effort.
How long do Eyelash Extensions Last?
The look can be maintained indefinitely with refills. When properly applied, Eyelash Extension will remain in place until the natural lash on which it rests falls out. This can be as long as two months or more.
- Natural eyelashes grow in and fall out in cycles (every 60 to 90 days). When a natural lash matures and falls out, a new lash has already been growing and quickly replaces it without us noticing the turnover. This process is constant and at any given moment our many natural lashes are at different stages of maturity. Some are just growing in, while others are ready to shed. People typically shed between 1 and 5 natural lashes each day, depending on their individual growth cycles. On shorter natural lashes, this growing and shedding cycle is virtually unnoticeable.
- When natural eyelashes are extended with Eyelash Extensions, it will be more noticeable when these lashes shed because they are longer and darker than natural lashes. Please keep in mind this is a perfectly normal occurrence, with or without extensions. Lash Stylists will apply Eyelash Extensions primarily to those lashes that are in the middle of their maturation cycle to maximum the amount of time they will last, without jeopardizing the health of ‘baby' lashes. The Lash Extension will fall out with the natural lash it is attached to when it reaches the end of its growth cycle. A few Eyelash Extensions may shed within the first week because the attached natural lashes are at the end of their growth cycle. Most will remain in place for approximately two months.
- With proper care and maintenance, touch-ups are typically only needed once every 2 to 3 weeks to replace the lashes that have shed. Your Eyelash Extensions Stylist will add extensions to the newest mature natural lashes to maintain a full, lush appearance.
How long does the procedure take?
Depending on the expertise and experience of the Lash Stylist and the number of lashes being applied, it generally takes between 60 to 150 minutes depending on the style choosen. Touch-ups can be done in as little as 15 to 60 minutes.
Can you describe the application process?
You will be comfortably reclined with your eyes closed while Eyelash Extensions are applied one at a time to your own natural eyelashes. There is no discomfort or pain involved in the procedure. In fact, most clients find it is so relaxing and comfortable that they fall asleep.
I have no lashes at all, can I wear Eyelash Extensions?
Because Eyelash Extensions are applied to existing natural lashes you must have some natural lashes to receive the procedure. A consultation is given before each service to determine if eyelash extensions are the right choose for you.
Can I apply Eyelash Extensions to my own eyelashes?
No. Only a trained professional will be able to safely apply Eyelash Extensions. Unprofessional application or self-application may cause eye injury, lash damage or unnatural looking lashes.
How do I take care of Lash Extensions?
Though Lash Extensions are easy to maintain, the first twenty-four hours are crucial for a strong bond. You should keep your lashes dry and avoid touching them. After twenty-four hours, care is fairly simple: avoid oil based products, cleanse your lashes regularly and be gentle with the lashes. They are resistant to water, sweat and tears.
Your Lash Stylist should provide you with easy After Care Instructions following your procedure. In general, to maintain your new look and extend the life of your lashes, follow these simple guidelines:
- For the first 48 hours after application the lashes should not be exposed to water or steam to allow the adhesive time to fully bond. We recommend avoiding swimming and the spa for 48 hours after lash application for best results.
- Be gentle with your eyelashes; do not pull on the extensions or rub the eyes excessively.
- Avoid the use of oil-based products on or around the eyelashes and do not use waterproof mascara. Water-based mascara and water-based mascara remover may be used if desired. Apply the mascara sparingly and remove it gently with a water-based eye makeup remover recommend by a licensed and certified lash specialist.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing Lash Extensions?
You can enjoy these eyelashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle. Provided you follow the simple after care instructions and are not excessively exposed to heat or moisture, they will last through the natural lash life cycle and fall off with the natural lash, not before. You can swim, shower and spa as usual so long as these activities are not engaged in excessively. (Please do not swim or spa for 48 hours after the procedure to allow the adhesive to fully bond.)
How often should I get touch-ups?
A natural eyelash typically sheds every 60 to 90 days and is replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. Lash Extensions are applied one by one to each individual hair, after 2-3weeks, approximately 1/3 of the lashes will have cycled out. At this point, touch-ups are required to replace the lashes that have completed their life cycle. Touch-ups generally take a short time and are relatively inexpensive.
What do I do if I want them removed?
As the natural lashes cycle out and shed, Lash Extensions will shed with them. However, if necessary, Lash Extensions can be professionally removed by a Lash Stylist using our specially formulated adhesive remover. The removal process normally takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes for a full set. Never try to remove Lash Extensions on your own. Damage can be caused by pulling the extensions off with the natural lash, removing the natural lash before it is ready to shed.
Is the product FDA approved? Is it safe?
At this time, the FDA does not regulate Eyelash Extensions since they are solely applied to the lashes and do not touch the skin.
Do Eye Lash Extensions damage natural lashes?
When properly applied, Eye Lash Extensions cause no damage to the natural lashes.
How do other lash enhancement options compare with Eye Lash Extensions?
There are several other methods for enhancing lashes available today. Be sure you read the following information to make an informed decision.